Sunday, January 22, 2012

Peter Rabbit

Gllen doesn't believe me when I tell him that I absolutely ABHOR celery. It's a vegetable that everyone says, "But it doesn't taste like anything!" when it really DOES taste like something, and that something is not anything I want in my mouth, or flavoring my foods, or adding stupid 'crunch' when an alternative would be much better. Celery destroys everything it touches. That is my opinion. I am not going to change it. Eat your damn celery, more for you - less for me.

Gllen thinks that somehow, I'll taste it one day and be changed. He tried to change my mind just the other day as we were driving to BeWiched. He told me that I just needed to change my mind set. "Imagine you are a rabbit," he advised. "Just a happy rabbit chewing on some delicious celery."

I wrinkled my nose, which was as rabbit-like as I was going to get. "That would never work."

Gllen tried to weave the story further, "And you're a naughty rabbit. You're in the neighbor's garden, eating their celery."

"WHAT?!?!" I shrieked. "I'm a naughty rabbit? What the..." I just started to laugh, barely able to steer the car through the next intersection. "How does being a naughty rabbit make celery taste good?"

Gllen chuckled too. "I don't know. Because it's forbidden."

I feel like, after 6 years, I just learned something new... and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment